If you’re planning a trip to Halong bay, Vietnam, this is for you. Among available activities in Halong bay, kayaking is the most fascinating. Nothing can compare to rowing through the emerald water of Halong bay under the honey sunlight to discover the mysterious caves and kart mountains of this beautiful place.
Kayaking tours are offered by most of Halong bay cruise and although there seem to be nothing dangerous, there are still few things you should keep in mind:
- Have a quick body warm up exercise before starting your row, sure nobody want a cramp.
- Pay attention to your guide and record details of the route, timings and rules.
- Use a life-vest.
- Be aware of the weather, tides and currents and the wind strength.
- Keep a safe distance from cliffs, caves and rocks.
- Don’t go kayaking if you’re drunk, you have no idea if you’re able to control your kayak
- Ensure you hold the oar with your arms about the same width as your shoulders, with the concave sides of the oar facing behind you.
What to prepare?
Don’t forget about some necessary stuffs:
- Drink water
- Water-proof sunscreen with appropriate SPF
- Insect repellent.
- Good, comfortable shoes.
Best Kayaking Spots
There is nothing to doubt about the beauty of Halong Bay. It is granted with countless of stunning kayaking spots. However, in order to protect the ecosystem of Halong bay, the local authority has issued strict guidelines on allowed kayak spots. Let’s check out the spots on the route following: Luon cave, Vung Vieng fishing village, Cap La island and fishing village, Ba Hang fishing village, Tung Sau area, Cua Van fishing village, Trinh Nu cave, Cong Do island and Hon Co island.
Don’t hesitate to pack your luggage, come and discover the amazing land. For more information please visit our family website:
For Vietnam online visa Govietnamvisa.com
For Vietnam local tours: Govietnamtourist.com
For exploring more parts of Vietnam: